"You are also caught with the fact that man is a creature who walks in two worlds and traces upon the walls of his cave the wonders and the nightmare experiences of his spiritual pilgrimage." - Morris West
Total time: 31m52s Release date: Dec. 2009 Gfx by Makunouchi Bento
December 27, 2009 Subject:
thanks for the EP, rich with layers and layers of textures... especially like tracks 1 and 6. Great bell sounds in track 2. Ears can't get bored with this one, that's for sure.
December 18, 2009 Subject:
return to avebell -
1) Sanitarium :: reminded me of a nighttime scene at a foggy shipyard, and i cant see more than 5 meters in any direction. Industrial/dock.
2) Visiting Mr Geffle :: starts off my putting me back to my early years watching the ice castle scene of superman. it's cold. quite disparate, moody. dunno what the churchbell/cowbell is up to at the end.
3) Piacento (Sailing Alone)(Direwires' Endless Harbor Remix) :: ambienty, industrial at the start, but breaks into some beautiful chords, which somehow seem familiar almost detroit, but like the other songs no beat in sight, and no lead/hook to hang on to. i feel like a fish underwater being stimulated by much shiny objects.
4) Return to Avebell :: chello. played by a character in Tron. excellent to hear what synthesis can come up with, no general midi sounds here :)
5) Jallek :: a broken My First Sampler, being abused by a robot that normally does rubik cubes. not much of a fan of this randomness.
6) Visuk Lui Paslui :: starts of like the sounds of a control room. tonal bliss, long tones, minimal randomness, some brass, and lot of highpitched sustains, with some degree of random harmonics/pitching. but it seems chorent and eventually turns into a sweet ambient/industrial... ends with some neat brass!